Here’s your weekly dose of rock climbing goodness!
New on The Undercling
- Oriane Bertone is 10 and Sends Another V11 at Gripped
- Niccolò Ceria cruises Moon’s Voyager at Planet Mountain (See also DPM.)
- Voodoo-Zauber, new rock climb up Dolomites Heiligkreuzkofel by Simon Gietl and Andrea Oberbacher at Planet Mountain
- Russian alpinists claim first ascent of virgin Thulagi Chuli in Nepal at Planet Mountain
- Canadians Send Hard Routes in Autumn Temps at Gripped
- Südwind, new Wilder Kaiser climb by Alexander Huber and Guido Unterwurzacher at Planet Mountain
- Le Prestige des Écrins, new ice gully climbed on Pic Sans Nom at Planet Mountain
- Alessandro Zeni repeats Ultimo Movimento by Manolo at Totoga at Planet Mountain
- Mick Fowler and Paul Ramsden complete first ascent of Gave Ding in Nepal at Planet Mountain
- Sachi Amma climbs 10 x 9a this year at Planet Mountain
- Teen Charged In Ten Sleep Climber Shooting at Climbing (See also DPM.)
- Youngest Ascent of Raindogs 8a for 10 year-old Toby Roberts at UK Climbing
- Pembroke New Routing Spree: Disco Buttress at UK Climbing
- Jure’s Challenge – the climb in memory of Jure Breceljnik in Slovenia by Planet Mountain
- New Big Alpine Mixed Route in Rockies at Gripped
- The 30 Most Influential Teens of 2015 at Time: Ashima Shiraishi – Yes, Time. You’ll need to scroll a few images to the right to read the bit about Ashima.
- Kevin Wilson Repeats and Reports Hard Sends at Gripped
- Siberian Trad Climbing Competition at Rock and Ice – Results and a video
- Libby Sauter and Alix Morris Make History on Salathe Wall at Gripped
- Interview: World Cup Pro Delaney Miller at Climbing
- 12 Questions With Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf at Adventure Journal
- Is It Ethical to Climb Everest? Conrad Anker’s Take at Men’s Journal
- Alex Honnold on Expertise, Night Swimming, and What Worries Him the Most at Adventure.com – Not really an interview, but close enough.
- Interview with Andrew Funk on Euro Rock Trip at Gripped
Climbing Articles, etc.
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Climbing Geology? at Climbing
- The Numbers Game – How to Use Your Age to Your Advantage at Rock and Ice (Old article, but I just saw it this week.)
- Sport climbing safety, some big little steps to start off with at Planet Mountain
- Unbelayvable: A Not So Pleasant Surprise Anchor at Climbing
- Unbelayvable: Bad Gear, Bad Guy at Climbing
- Big Wall Soloing on Bugs at Rock and Ice – Interested in climbing El Cap and subsisting on insects? Read this.
Climbing Gear, etc.
- GUIDE TO WOMEN’S CLIMBING PANTS – FALL 2015 at Crux Crush
- What’s Up with Rock Shoes? at American Alpine Institute
- Safety Video – The Danger Of Open Quickdraws – A video by UK Climbing.
- Scarpa Furia Review at Splitter Choss
- 14 Rock Climbing Harnesses Coming in 2016 at The Weigh My Rack Blog
Good Climbing Videos
- Utah, Sun In Your Eyes 4K [2:10] – An amazing reel of aerial footage from the Moab area. If this doesn’t get you psyched on desert tower climbing, nothing will.
- #WorldClassWales [20:56] – A long video about classic boulder problems in Wales.
- Tea, tape and Taylor Swift on the Storpillaren [6:37]
- Longridge Traverse [10:14] – A big ol’ bouldering traverse in the UK.
- The Flu ~Joe’s Valley~ [43:18] – Short documentary about Joe’s Valley and lots of footage of various problems.
- Tom’s Rocklands Diary Part II [9:26] – Beautiful South African rock.
- Bella Climbing. 21 months old [1:27] – This cute little girl is crushing it on her home wall!
- Angy Eiter Explores New Climbing Paradise: Kyparissi [3:14] – Sport climbing at a gorgeous new crag in Greece.
- Focused on the Future – Megan Mascarenas [3:49] – A brief bio vid of boulderer Megan Mascarenas, including some Yosemite bouldering footage.
- FRI NIGHT VID: A Scottish Mountains Story – A quick vid about the uniqueness of Scottish winter climbing.
- The latest edition of the SuperTopo newsletter came out this week (10/26)
- The Buildout Priority List: Van Living 3 by Steph Davis
- Riding the ‘Gravy Train’ Trailer at Adventure Journal
- Truckdwelling?? Album of my Colorado build. – A climber’s adventure truck build.
- How to travel to Yosemite by public transport at Haukkari
[Photo via Frode Jenssen/Flickr]
Check out my book 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks for great info on how to climb smarter and harder!