Here are the featured articles listed on The Undercling so far:
- What Is Back-Clipping? (and How to Avoid It)
- Lead Climbing, Carabiners, and Direction of Travel
- Using Slings to Eliminate Rope Drag
- Rappelling vs. Lowering Off of a Rock Climb
- Stick Clips, Stick Clipping, and Sport Climbing
- How to Clip the Rope into a High First Bolt Without a Stick Clip
- Carabiner Orientation on Quickdraws: Which Ways Should the Carabiners Face?
- “Sport climbing is neither!”
- Is it OK to Use a Grigri for Trad Climbing?
- Climbing Gear: Active Protection vs. Passive Protection
- How to Place Nuts When Lead Climbing or Building Anchors
- How to Place Cams When Trad Climbing
Climbing Gear (General)
- How to Make a Climbing Rope Rug or Door Mat
- How Are Climbing Ropes Made?
- Rappelling With Carabiners: The Carabiner Brake Rappel
- What Happens When Your Climbing Shoes Get Resoled?
- What Is Anodized Climbing Gear, and How Does Anodization Work?
- What Is a Dihedral (in the Rock Climbing World)?
- What Is an Arête in Rock Climbing Jargon (and How Is it Pronounced)?
- Slabs vs. Overhangs in Rock Climbing
- What’s a Sandbag?
- What’s a Redpoint and Where Does the Word Come From?
- What Does “FFA” Mean?
- Free Climbing vs. Free Soloing
- What Does “Bomber” Mean?
- What Do R and X in Climbing Ratings Mean?
- One Climbing Gym Membership to Rule Them All
- The 10 Commandments of Training for Rock Climbing
- How Hardcore Is Climbing Compared to Mountain Biking, Ultrarunning, and Swimming?
Check out my book 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks for great info on how to climb smarter and harder!