Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- South Africa
- Dan Beland Sends Solid Gold 5.14c in Utah at Gripped
- Nayuta, ~8C+, first ascent by Dai Koyamada at UK Climbing
- Two new Font 8Cs for Mike Adams at UK Climbing
- Petit Dru, Les Droites & Grandes Jorasses, class mountaineering in the Mont Blanc massif at Planet Mountain
- Joe Blau, 8c+, by Anna Liina Laitinen at UK Climbing
- New Base Line, ~8B+, and Steppenwolf, ~8B, by Anna Stoehr at UK Climbing
- Peter Habeler, 74, climbs Eiger North Face again with David Lama at Planet Mountain
- Jacopo Larcher & Babsi Zangerl climbs Gondo Crack, 8c (5.14b R) trad at UK Climbing
- Alexander Rohr Makes Third Ascent of Chromosome Y (9a/5.14d) at Rock and Ice
- Placing Protection: Wires at The American Alpine Institute Blog
- Best Rock Climbing Ethics and Practices at Rock and Ice
Other Climbing Articles
- 10 Reasons Why I’d Love to “Magically” Improve My Climbing at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- The Big Freaking Deal, Ain’t Bouldering at Rock and Ice
Destinations, Routes, and Trip Reports
- The Glamour of Gritstone at The Project Magazine
- El Potrero Chico with Derek at Climbing Trip Reports
- Soul of the South East at The Project Magazine
- Climbing Destination Guide: Skaha Bluffs, British Columbia at Moja Gear
- Greece: Escape of the Gangster by The Project Magazine
Good New Climbing Videos
- West Face of Sentinel | The Legacy Project | Kevin Jorgeson & Ben Rueck | adidas TERREX [12:41] – Two hardmen attempt to free the the West Face of Sentinel in Yosemite.
- WIDE BOYZ: Spradventure | Hanibal.cz [25:43] – Tom Randall and Pete Whittaker head to the Czech Republic to test their mettle on the area’s iconic sandstone cracks and towers.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- Breaking barriers: The female mountain guide battling machismo at BBC
- Paige Claassen Interview: Thoughts on Climbing, Starting a Non Profit and Having a Family by Beth Rodden
- 2016 Golden Pitons: The Comeback Award Goes to Alex Puccio at Climbing
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Wild Country Recalls Friends – Sizes 2, 3 and 4 at Rock and Ice
- Edelrid Ohm is Perfect for Heavier Lead Climbers at Gripped
- Editors’ Choice 2017: Metolius Belay Slave Glove at Climbing
- Editors’ Choice 2017: La Sportiva Trango Ice Cube GTX at Climbing
- Editors’ Choice 2017: La Sportiva Skwama at Climbing
- Editors’ Choice 2017: Cassin Eghen 22 at Climbing
- New 2017 Petzl GriGri + (Plus) Review and Comparison at Moja Gear
Check out my book 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks for great info on how to climb smarter and harder!