Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Dancing Sasquatch is New Multi-pitch 5.7 in Banff at Gripped
- Sebastian Pacey-Smith Sends Hard Nova Scotia Problems at Gripped
- New Ontario Eyeball Crag is Big Granite Wall at Gripped
- Marek Raganowicz adds big aid climbs to Baffin Island at Planet Mountain
- New Spring 2017 Sport Routes Added to Bow Valley at Gripped
- Styrian Delirium, another ~8C first ascent by Christof Rauch at UK Climbing
- Tête de Biselx / Simon Chatelan climbs new route in Mont Blanc massif at Planet Mountain (See also Gripped.)
- TCT, second 9a onsight by Alex Megos at UK Climbing
- Adam Ondra Projecting Possible 5.15d in 2017 at Gripped
- Giuliano Cameroni climbs best problem ever in Valle Bavona at Planet Mountain
- Moonrise Kingdom: New E9 Multipitch by McHaffie and Varian at UK Climbing
- Keita Kurakami repeats Walk of Life E9 6c at UK Climbing (See also Gripped.)
- 105 V Points in an Hour by Pete Robins at UK Climbing
- Going to the bathroom by Andy Kirkpatrick
- Ask the Master: Double Ropes vs. Single Rope with a Tagline at Rock and Ice
- Unbelayvable: Oh, You Were Using That Anchor? at Climbing
- Climb Safe: Ascending Rappel Ropes 101 at Rock and Ice
Other Climbing Articles
- A Look at Lattice Training — Endurance, Power, Strength, and More at Moja Gear
- Climbing doesn’t change you at For the Love of Climbing
- But Did You Really Climb It? at Semi-Rad
- Precious Object – Ross Taylor at Vertical Life
- Fill The Void by Shay Skinner at The Climbing Zine
- Sports Cragging: A Definition You’ll Want to Know at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
Destinations, Routes, and Trip Reports
- Stanage: Making Memories at The Project Magazine
- Classic Routes: The Gunks’ Traverse of the Clods at Climbing
- Climbing Destination Guide: El Salto, Mexico at Moja Gear
- God’s Own: Yorkshire Moors at The Project Magazine
- The Push: Tommy Caldwell and Alex Honnold on the Fitz Traverse at Rock and Ice
- By the Numbers: Margo Hayes and the Road to 5.15 at Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- An Inside Look at Alex Honnold’s Adventure Van [3:41] – A tour of Alex Honnold’s sweet new home on wheels.
- Joe Kinder On the First Ascent of Bone Tomahawk [8:51] – Joe Kinder on the FA of a 5.14d/5.15a sport route near St. George, Utah.
- Time in the Red: Backwoods Development [16:46] – Adventurous new routing in Kentucky’s Red River Gorge.
- Rooftown Vol 2 featuring the bouldering exploits of Matt Gentile [22:50] – Exploring more amazing roof problems in the area around Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Siegrist and Honnold Climb the Clear Light Cave [7:00] – Jonathan Siegrist and Alex Honnold climb steep, steep limestone near Las Vegas.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- INTERVIEW: Peter Habeler – The Eiger Nordwand at 74 at UK Climbing
- INTERVIEW: Fast Repeat of True North 8c by Pete Dawson at UK Climbing
- PODCAST – Jerry Moffatt at UK Climbing
- INTERVIEW: Keita Kurakami on The Walk of Life E9 6c at UK Climbing
- Mount Huntington South Ridge Traverse: Q&A with Clint Helander and Jess Roskelley at Climbing
Gear Reviews, etc.
- Black Diamond Gym 30 Review at Climbing Gear Reviews
- Fitting Rock Shoes to Problematic Feet at Rock and Ice
- Katy Holm Tests New Grivel Stealth Helmet at Gripped
- Best Beginner Climbing Helmet: A Review of the Black Diamond Half Dome at Moja Gear
- Diamox – The Wonder Drug? at The American Alpine Institute Climbing Blog
- Photo Gallery: Nina Williams, Michaela Kiersch, and More at Climbing
- Re-Gram: 9 Climber Bivy Photos at Climbing
Check out my book 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks for great info on how to climb smarter and harder!