Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Philip Stone Updates on Quadra Island Crag Development at Gripped
- New Big Mixed Route in Yoho is Chase is Better… at Gripped
- New Niagara Escarpment Plan Keeps Climbing Open at Gripped
- Marek Raganowicz solos two new routes on the Ship’s Prow in Baffin Island at Alpinist (See also UK Climbing.)
- Tim Emmett Sends Superman 5.14c on West Coast at Gripped
- Kilian Jornet Summits Everest at UK Climbing
- 2017 Everest News: Crowds, Speed Record, Hillary Step Mystery, and Accidents at Climbing
- Hervé Barmasse and David Göttler, 13 hours up the South Face of Shisha Pangma at Planet Mountain
- Simone Moro and Tamara Lunger end Kangchenjunga Skyline Project at Planet Mountain
- Christof Rauch Puts Up Three V15s In Two Weeks at Rock and Ice
- The Big Issue E9 6c (5.13 R) by Ali Kennedy at UK Climbing
- How to Test Your Muscle Strength and Monitor Recovery for Rock Climbing at Moja Gear
- Unbelayvable: Bad Motivation at Climbing
- De-stigmatizing (Some) Supplements for Enhancing Climbing Performance at Moja Gear
- Ask the Master: What’s the Best Way to Lower an Unconscious Lead Climber? at Rock and Ice
- Self Arrest with Crampons at The American Alpine Institute Blog
- Getting Started on the Moon Board at Friction Labs
Other Climbing Articles
- I Stopped Running and This is What DIDN’T Happen at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Will You Be My Trad Guru?: The Importance of Apprenticing in the Gym Climbing Era at Moja Gear
Destinations, Routes, and Trip Reports
- Norwegian Trad Cracks! by Tom Randall
- Busy Spring by Dave MacLeod
- The 50 Classic Climbs of North America at Climbing
- Driving north from Catalunya by Nick Bullock
- Climbing at Salto del Perro, Gran Canaria at Planet Mountain
- Climbing a Little Big Wall in the Flatirons by Bill Wright
Good New Climbing Videos
- The Art Of Solo, Matt Bush [4:11] – The narration of this one is self-important and difficult to listen to, but the footage is pretty cool. Matt Bush free solos an enormous granite dome in South Africa.
- RockTrip 2017 [8:40] – Some legendary climbers descend on Chile. Alex Honnold free solos basalt splitters, and Alex Megos climbs Chile’s first 5.14d.
- Northern Soul [8:30] – Amazing ice climbing in northern Quebec.
- David Fitzgerald on ‘Voyager’ (8B+) [17:40] – “This film follows Irish climber David Fitzgerald, who after taking up the sport only 5 years ago travelled to the Peak District to try the hardest bouldering problems on grit.”
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- Latino Outdoors: Bringing Diversity to Climbing at Climbing
- Western Canada Climber Dick Culbert Passes at Gripped
- Alex Megos: The Hatchling at Rock and Ice
Gear Reviews, etc.
- Petzl Aquila Harnes Review at Climbing Gear Reviews
- VIÑALES, CUBA PHOTO GALLER – BY TED HESSER at Rock and Ice
Check out my book 101 Rock Climbing Tips and Tricks for great info on how to climb smarter and harder!