This Week in Climbing #4 (November 8, 2015)
Check out everything that happened in the rock climbing world over the last week!
- Slovenians climb new routes in Kyrgyzstan at Planet Mountain
- Stefano Ghisolfi frees Lapsus at Andonno, Italy’s first 9b sports climb at Planet Mountain (Also at UK Climbing, Gripped, DPM, and Climbing. Also see this other Planet Mountain post.)
- Quebec’s Axel Pic Sends His First 5.14 at Gripped
- James McHaffie’s Summer Ticklist of Trad Onsights at UK Climbing
- Cerro Adela Norte, difficult new mixed climb in Patagonia at Planet Mountain
- Adam Ondra Sends a New 5.15b in France at DPM (See also on Gripped and Planet Mountain.)
- Canadian Climbers in Kalymnos Rally to Support Arriving Refugees at Gripped
- The Cory Hall Memorial Expedition to Tangra Tower at Gripped
- Mike Foley Climbs One of New England’s Hardest Boulders: The Chelsea Smile (V13/14) at DPM
- No Expectations: Joe Kinder Sends 6 5.14c’s in Spain at Rock and Ice
- Jorg Verhoeven climbs The wheel of life direct, ~8C at UK Climbing
- Devolution 8c for Ethan Walker at UK Climbing
- Jorg Verhoeven Climbs the Wheel of Life at DPM (See also on Gripped.)
- Rockfall in Vivian Quarry at UK Climbing
- Andy Genereux’s 2015 Yamnuska Update at Gripped
- Women climb Salathe Wall in a day at The Union Democrat
- Gerhard Fiegl perishes on Nilgiri South in the Himalaya at Planet Mountain
- Team effort: Climber, paralyzed from waist down, blasts up Astroman at The Fresno Bee
- News From Around the Land at Vertical Life – A roundup of Australian climbing news.
- Miza za šest, 8c+, by Janja Garnbret (16) at UK Climbing (Also at Planet Mountain.)
- Khane Valley 2015 Italian Karakorum Expedition at Planet Mountain
- C.R.S., 9b, by Ondra at UK Climbing
Climbing Videos that Don’t Suck
- Lizzy Asher’s Highball Birthday Challenge [5:36]
- Virgin Gorda Beach Bouldering with Jimmy Webb and Matt Gentile [3:16]
- Cleaning Toprope Anchors [5:10]Climbing the Polar Bear Fang – Nat Geo Live [3:15]
- A Jean-Pierre Ouellet finger crack classic: The Joker (5.12+), Moab, UT [5:15]
- Natalie’s Transition – Amazing trailer for what looks like an amazing film.
- ALEX HONNOLD – A WORLD-VIEW CLIMBER
- La Sportiva Speed Interview – Jonathan Siegrist [5:19]
- Joe Kinder: “Training Works” at Evening Sends
- Climber Spotlight: Libby Sauter at Moja Gear
- Basecamp Podcast Discussion with Andrew Wexler
- The Truth About Rest Days at Crux Crush
- Adrenaline Is a Fact at The Stone Mind
- Sending Secrets to Steal from a Pro Climber at OR’s Verticulture
- Sport Climbing in Flatanger Norway – A photo trip report, I guess?
- Valles de los Picos de Europa – sports climbing in Cantabria – Beautiful climbing photos.
- New River Gorgeous Fall Climbing! at Cragmama
- Alone on the Wall by Alex Honnold, excerpt from Chapter Three: Fear and Loving in Las Vegas – An excerpt from Honnold’s new book.