Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy!
- New Short Crack Climbed at Thunder Bay Bluffs at Gripped
- Squamish’s Prow Wall and Prow Wall Variation Topos at Gripped
- New Squamish North Wall Cracks, One is Over Eight Inches Wide at Gripped
- New Sky Line Traverse on Vancouver Island’s Mariner Mountain at Gripped
- Evan Hau Climbs New 5.14 in Alberta Rockies at Gripped
- Move of the Month 15: The Heel Hook (Improve Your Climbing!) by Alli Rainey
- Why You Need More Oxygen to Burn Fat than Carbohydrates (and How This Affects Your Climbing) at Climbing Nutrition
- Why You Shouldn’t Use a Daisy Chain for a Personal Anchor at Moja Gear
- How Durable is Trad Gear? at Rock and Ice
Other Climbing Articles
- Brian Arnold: Why Climbers Make the Best Ninjas at Friction Labs
- Mummy heads into the mountains at Planet Mountain
- You’ve Come A Long Way, Baby at Splitter Choss
- Climbing, Medicine, and Identity at Crux Crush
Destinations, Routes, etc.
- Climbing Destination: Taghia Gorge, Morocco at Crux Crush
- Nancy Hansen’s Awesome Trip to Southeast Asia for Sport Climbing and Travel at Gripped
Good New Climbing Videos
- BOREAL | Getting schooled with Ben Moon [5:36] – Legendary British climber Ben Moon talks about his training efforts both past and present.
- The Classics | Multipitch EP#1 Fiesta de los biceps 7a [5:57] – Anna Storh and Edu Marin team up to climb a hard multi-pitch route in Spain.
- Daniel Woods nabs the first ascent of Everything Gneiss, V14 in Clear Creek Canyon, CO. [3:20] – Daniel Woods climbs a new V14 in Colorado.
- THE NORTH FACE Rock Trip #01 SHIKOKU [27:42] – A long recap of the North Face’s Rock Trip in Japan.
- Alex Puccio’s Road to Recovery [13:41] – How Alex Puccio got back on the rock after a serious leg injury.
Interviews and Profiles
- Historical Badass: Climber, Guide, Educator Paul Petzoldt at Adventure Journal
- Climber Spotlight: Carrie Cooper at Moja Gear
- Leading a Wide Life, Even in Death at Evening Sends
- The Dynamics of Couples Climbing: An Interview with Courtney Woods at Crux Crush
- Paying Homage at DPM
- How Alex Lowe Shines for Us Even Now (Despite Some Dark Days) at The Suburban Mountaineer
- 8b/+ in a Day for Lucy Mitchell at UK Climbing
- The Long Run, a profile of Alan Carne by Luke Mehall at The Climbing Zine
- Basecamp Podcast Conversation with Alpinist Editor Katie Ives at Gripped
- INTERVIEW: Sonnie Trotter on Freeing “The Prow,” 5.14a Multi-pitch at Rock and Ice
- The Guy Whose Nuts Revolutionized Climbing: R.P. at Rock and Ice
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- First Look: Scarpa Phantom Tech at The Alpine Start
- Nanga Parbat film – Reinhold Messner, Günther Messner and choices at Planet Mountain
- Golden Nut Award: Arcteryx Gamma MX Hoody at The Alpine Start
- DMM Chimera carabiner (lightweight keylock wiregate) [2:56] – A video look at a sexy new carabiner by DMM
- DMM Dragon Cam at Climbing Gear Reviews
- First Look: Scarpa Phantom 600 at The Alpine Start
- Review: Multi-Pitch Chalk Bag at The Alpine Start
- Mad Rock Women’s Lotus – Climbing Shoe Review at Rock and Ice