Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Adam Ondra Dawn Wall stuff (See also every major climbing news site!)
- Jorg Verhoeven claims first repeat of Dihedral Wall in Yosemite at Planet Mountain (See also Gripped, UK Climbing, and Rock & Ice.)
- Wildfire Engulfs Popular East Coast Climbing Area at Rock & Ice
- Michaela Kiersch Sends Golden Ticket (5.14c), Red River Gorge at Rock & Ice (See also Gripped and DPM.)
- Robbie Phillips Frees El Cap’s 30-Pitch Pre-Muir (5.13d) by Rock & Ice
- Barbara Zangerl & Jacopo Larcher climb the Zodiac Free at UK Climbing (See also Rock & Ice.)
- Pete Whittaker rope solos El Cap’s Freerider all free in a day at Alpinist
- Via RoMa, new climb on Grandes Jorasses at Planet Mountain
- Third Ascent of Bewilderness 8B+ by Dave Mason at UK Climbing
- Unbelayvable: Unconventional Cam Lube at Climbing
- The Climbers’ “Turkey Trot” at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Learn to Climb Trad: Leading and Following at Climbing
- Rope Drag by Andy Kirkpatrick
- Climb Safe: Gear Doesn’t Last Forever – Ice Tool Picks by Rock & Ice
- Climbing Tips: Simple Drills to Improve Footwork & Technique at Gripped
- Learn to Climb Trad: Gear Placements and Anchors at Climbing
- T4C Training Programs (free download) at Training for Climbing
Other Climbing Articles
- Re-Gram: 10 Climbing Photographers to Watch at Climbing
- The Burnout at For the Love of Climbing
- What’s The Protocol For Naming a Route After Yourself? at Rock & Ice
- 168 Hours: A Disaster-Style Adventure at Climbing
- Climbing Out of Divorce at Climbing
- The Next Generation, an excerpt from Graduating From College Me by Luke Mehall at The Climbing Zine
Destinations and Routes
- Reflections in The Black by Vic Zeilman at The Climbing Zine
- Red River Gorge in November at Cragmama
Good New Climbing Videos
- The Lappnor Project Trailer [1:41] – Trailer for a short film about Nalle Hukkataival’s ascent of the world’s first V17.
- FONTAINEBLEAU Six arêtes from La Forêt [6:23] – Bouldering in Fontainebleau. No words, just pretty bouldering.
- The Hidden Gem [6:51] – Will Mayo climbs a gorgeous splitter finger crack in Moab.
- ES PONTAS 9? Second Ascent by Jernej Kruder (2016) Psicobloc Mallorca [3:03] – Jernej Kruder nabs the second ascent of Chris Sharma’s Mallorcan arch testpiece.
- Unaweep Canyon Bouldering [4:52] – A simple boldering flick highlighting bouldering near Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Mirror Wall [39:02] – A great film documenting Leo Houlding’s expedition to Greenland.
- Black Diamond Yosemite Facelift 2016 [3:22] – Black Diamond partners with the National Park Service to clean up some Yosemite classics.
- Shifting Dreams [32:48] – Caroline Ciavaldini frees the Voie Petit, a 450-meter granite 5.13d on the Grand Capucin in Chamonix.
- Training For Climbing – Finger Strength [6:41] – Eric Hörst talks about training to improve finger strength.
Interviews and Profiles
- The ’59 Sound, Remembering Eric Klimt by Kathy Karlo at The Climbing Zine
- The Inventor: Alan Douglas at Rock & Ice
- Anton Krupicka and the Longs Peak Triathlon at Climbing
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Gear You Ought to Know: A Review of Trango’s Piranha Belay Knife at Moja Gear
- Tenaya Tarifa Shoe Review at Splitter Choss
- Approach Shoe Review – Fall 2016 at Crux Crush
- Precious Object – Keith Lockwood at Vertical Life
- Sport Climbs in the Canadian Rockies at The Suburban Mountaineer
- CGR Buyers Guide to Headlamps 2017 at Climbing Gear Reviews