Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Patagonia Fitz Clean Up and Some New Routes at Gripped
- Patagonia Cerro Murallón, new East Face climb by Ragni di Lecco at Planet Mountain
- Brenta Dolomites La Stangata / A great ice climb in Val Genova at Planet Mountain
- San Vito lo Capo climbing: Christoph Hainz and Andrea De Martin Polo ascend November Sun at Planet Mountain
- Montenegro: most difficult icefall climbed in Tara canyon at Planet Mountain
- Rubén Díaz repeats La teoría del todos, ~8C/+ at UK Climbing
- Adam Ondra climbs Mamichula, 9b at UK Climbing (See also Rock and Ice.)
- David Firnenburg Has Repeated the Difficult La Rambla at Gripped
- Giuliano Cameroni repeats Der mit dem Fels tanzt, ~8C at UK Climbing
- Climber Confessional: A Lesson in Backing Up Your Systems at Moja Gear
- Unbelayvable: A Belayer Chocolate Break at Climbing
- Style: Is It An Excuse Holding You Back? at Moja Gear
- Technique Tuesday: How to Use a Prusik Hitch at Gripped
- Institutional Anchors: The Backside System at The American Alpine Institute Climbing Blog
- 5 Exercises for Developing a Stronger Core with Eric Hörst at Moja Gear
- Ask the Master: Waterfall Ice – To Adze, or Not to Adze at Rock and Ice
- Learn to Train: Increase Your Power-Endurance at Climbing
- Balanced Climbing Shoulders at The Climbing Doctor
Other Climbing Articles
- Activism in climbing: What can I do? at For the Love of Climbing
- Inflating Grades and Egos: A Climbing Difficulty Discussion at Climbing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Taking a Date Climbing at Outside
Destinations, Areas, Trip Reports, and Routes
- A Narrow Escape on Mt. Kenya by Jason Haas at The Climbing Zine
- Rambling In The Bugaboos by David Fay at The Climbing Zine
- In Depth: Bears Ears and the Ongoing Battle to Protect U.S. Climbing Areas at Climbing
- Two Towers: The Wild Sea Stacks of Tasmania at Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- Joe Kinder: Cribs TrapHouse [5:05] – Joe Kinder takes us through his home gym setup.
- Ben Moon | Past, present and future (Part 1) [4:10] – Legendary British climber Ben Moon talks about the evolution of climbing in the UK and a bit about his training these days.
- Angie Scarth-Johnson: Climbing Her Way [1:25] – 12-year-old Australian rock climber Angie Scarth-Johnson climbed 5.14b at age 11 and is continuing to dominate.
- Learning to Boulder: with Niall Grimes and Ed Byrne [8:22] – Comedian Ed Byrne goes bouldering for the first time. A funny and enjoyable video, as you might expect.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- Nathaniel Coleman: Rising Comp Star at Climbing
- Jeff Lowe: What I’ve Learned at Rock and Ice
- Andy de Klerk Interview at Climb ZA
- 2016 Golden Pitons: Breakout Performance at Climbing
- 2016 Golden Pitons: Sport Climbing at Climbing
- The Unfinished Projects of Todd Skinner at Climbing
- Out of Nowhere – Nathaniel Coleman Jumps Onto the Podium at Rock and Ice
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Film Review: Avalanche Sharks at The American Alpine Institute Blog