Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Adam Ondra Dawn Wall Stuff
- Adam Ondra Making Big Progress on Dawn Wall at Gripped
- Dawn Wall Update: Adam Ondra Prepares for Final Push at Rock & Ice
- New Wind River Range Mixed Line by Will Mayo and Whit Margo at Gripped
- Yosemite climbing action by Katharina Saurwein, Jorg Verhoeven, Jacopo Larcher & Barbara Zangerl at Planet Mountain (See also Gripped.)
- 2017 Mugs Stump Award Opens for Applications November 10 at Alpinist
- Pete Whittaker makes ‘All-Free’ Rope Solo of El Cap in a Day at UK Climbing
- Adam Ondra Dawn Wall Stuff
- Tibet’s Jang Tsang Go climbed by Domen Kastelic, Olov Isaksson & Marcus Palm at Planet Mountain
- One step at a time: A new route on the South Face of Brammah II at Alpinist
- Russian direttissima up Thalay Sagar North Face at Planet Mountain
- South Korea
- Canadian Catherine Laflamme Sends Historic Future Shock at Gripped
- Michael Piccolruaz flashes 8B (V13) boulder in Austria’s Maltatal at Planet Mountain
- La reina mora and Broadway, both 8c+/9a, by Anak Verhoeven at UK Climbing
- New Dorset E8 for Tom Randall at UK Climbing
- Top Picks for Kendal Mountain Festival 2016 at UK Climbing
- Pete Dawson adds Something for Nothing 8c to Malham Cove at UK Climbing
- Stick Clipping at The American Alpine Institute Blog
- Climbing Shoe Resoling: the Good, the Bad, and How to Get It Done at Moja Gear
- Cordelette Question by Andy Kirkpatrick
- Microwaves Don’t Destroy Nutrients at Climbing Nutrition
- Climbing in Decking Range at The Climber’s Guide
Other Climbing Articles
- Ray Jardine’s Friends, a teacup and a blue bag at Planet Mountain
- The More You Know… at Splitter Choss
- Inside Alex Honnold’s Tricked-Out New Adventure Van at Outside
- Luck of the Desert: Walking Away from a 40-foot Groundfall at Rock & Ice
Destinations and Routes
- Horseshoe Canyon Ranch: Tips for Enjoying Arkansas’s Dude Ranch Climbing Resort at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Training: Four Bow Valley Peaks to Run Up Before Lunch at Gripped
- Going back to the Black at For the Love of Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- Desert Dreams: The Return [9:57] – Bouldering at Indian Creek.
- 14-Year-Old Laura Rogora Becomes Second Youngest To Climb 9a [6:17] – A young Italian climbing phenom climbs 5.14d (!).
- Denis Urubko story – part 2 [5:55] – The second video in a series profiling cutting-edge Himalayan alpinist Denis Urubko.
- Three Savages Trad Climbing Jordan Full Movie [26:52] – Three friends head to Jordan to climb a big new route. The film is in German, but there are English subtitles if you click the CC (close caption) button in the bottom-right corner.
- El Potrero Chico, Mexico Rock Climb [4:01] – The first ascent of a big new limestone route at El Potrero Chico in Mexico.
- Nordic Summer in Flatanger [19:51] – A long film about a climbing trip to Norway.
Interviews and Profiles
- Interview with Dave O’Leske, Director of Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey at Moja Gear
- INTERVIEW: Alex Megos at UK Climbing
- Climbing legend Reinhold Messner stresses traditional alpinism with Sherpas at The Himalayan