Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- El Regalo de Mwono, 8a+ big wall FFA, by Belgian team in Patagonia at UK Climbing
- Climbing in Patagonia: Pou brothers add Aguja Guillaumet ascent at Planet Mountain
- New Route in Patagonia on Colmillo Sur is Califlores at Gripped
- Clark County approves concept plan for development near Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area at Alpinist
- Michaela Kiersch Sends Another 5.14c in Red River Gorge at Gripped
- Temporary Closures to Protect Nesting Raptors in Rocky Mountain National Park at The American Alpine Institute Climbing Blog
- Nina Williams Makes First Female Ascent of Ambrosia (V11) Highball at Climbing (See also Rock and Ice, Planet Mountain,
- Laura Rogora climbs 9a again, this time at Oliana in Spain at Planet Mountain (See also Rock and Ice.)
- Hazel Findlay Sends Mind Control 5.14c in Oliana at Gripped (See also UK Climbing.)
- Maximize Your Training During Peak Gym Hours at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Is It Okay to Wear Socks with Rock Climbing Shoes? at Rock and Ice
- When the Holds Get Far Apart, the Small Start Jumping at Rock and Ice
- Rock Climbing Technique: Clipping at The American Alpine Institute Blog
Other Climbing Articles
- Faces of the 2017 Hueco Rock Rodeo at Rock and Ice
- A Crux Crush Goodbye at Crux Crush
- Dirtbag Retirement Planning by Steph Davis
- The Secret Spot by Joy Martin at The Climbing Zine
- TNB: Climbing’s Big Mistake at Rock and Ice
- Home Wall Primer: Part 2—Choosing Holds at Climbing
- 5 Ways You Can Protect Climbing Access on Public Lands at Climbing
- Climb like a Girl at Vertical Life
Destinations, Routes, and Trip Reports
- The unseen sun. by Nick Bullock.
- A Tale of 10,000 Crags: Guide for How (and Where) to Rock Climb in Spain at Moja Gear
- Nomesino, the climbing gem in Val di Gresta – Arco at Planet Mountain
Good New Climbing Videos
- Stuck [7:06] – A really good and funny bouldering video. Watch this.
- In Peak Rock [8:08] – Two friends tick some classic gritstone routes. Another great video.
- For The Love [4:37] – Why do we climb? For the love of it.
- AK Bouldering 2015-2016 Part 2: Byron Glacier [4:27] – Bouldering in some pretty spectacular spots in south-central Alaska.
- Chris Sharma Introducing Pol Roca “Double Bubble” 8b+ [6:38] – A short video bio of Spanish climber Pol Roca.
- MAD in Madagascar – Climbing with Sean Villanueva & Siebe Vanhee [10:51] – Hardcore Belgian climbers head to the big walls of Madagascar’s Tsaranoro Massif.
- Rjukan – Places Climbers See [3:15] – Ice climbing Norway.
- Sterling’s Joe Kinder: Rifle On Fleek [5:20] – Joe Kinder works the FA of All the Pretty Horses (5.14a).
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- What’s In Your Pack: An Interview with Ben Rueck and Delaney Miller at Moja Gear
- Concept Climbing – An interview with Pat Klein at Vertical Life
- Jeff Lowe Receives 2017 Piolet d’Or Lifetime Achievement at Gripped (See also Alpinist and UK Climbing.)
- Q&A: Matty Hong Sends La Rambla (5.15a) in Spain at Rock and Ice
- Interview with Grant Statham on Ice Climbing and Avalanche Awareness at Gripped
- 2016 Golden Pitons: Climber of the Year at Climbing