Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy!
- Sarah Hart Sends Her First V10 at Gripped
- Fitz Roy, Cerro Torre and Patagonia: the glaciers 100 years on at Planet Mountain
- Hydrangea, ~8C (V15), by Ryuichi Murai at UK Climbing
- Anak Verhoeven frees Ma belle ma muse 8c+ at Romeyer in France at Planet Mountain
- Kalymnos sports climbing rebolting project completed in Greece at Planet Mountain
- Riegler brothers redpoint Pandora at Mandrea di Laghel, Arco at Planet Mountain
- Silvan Schüpbach frees Ultimo Sogno on Parete d’Osogna, Switzerland at Planet Mountain
- Shauna Coxsey and Alexey Rubtsov win Meiringen Bouldering World Cup at Planet Mountain
- 5 Worst Climbing Movies of All Time at Moja Gear
- Semi-Rad: In Praise of Guidebooks at Climbing
- Unbelayvable: Saved by the Quickdraw at Climbing
- Climbing Goals and Frustration by Steph Davis
- Seasonal Transitioning for Sport Climbers – Building Fitness, Planning Peaks, and Preventing Plateaus by Alli Rainey
- Learn This: One Handed Munter and Clove Hitches at Climbing
- Learn This: Advanced Rock Climbing Rescue Techniques at Climbing
- Training: Advanced Conditioning for Alpine Climbing at Climbing
- Ask Answer Man: Should I Rack Gate In or Out? at Climbing
- Climbing Techniques: How to Heel Hook at Climbing
- A Climber’s Guide to Cookies at Climbing
- Understanding the Balance of Your Metabolism at Climbing Nutrition
- Mindfulness in Climbing at Crux Crush
- The Vulnerable Man — My experience writing American Climber at The Climbing Zine
- How to be in Two Places at Once at The Suburban Mountaineer
- How Dave Allfrey Climbed Seven Big Walls in Seven Days at Climbing
- 8 Climbing Photos—Bugaboos, Dawn Wall, African Ice, and More at Climbing
Destinations, Routes, etc.
- A Baffin Island Big Wall Apprenticeship With Mike Libecki at Climbing
- North Conway, New Hampshire Climbing Destination Guide at Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- Traveling to Cuba, VLOG Part 1: Arrival to Havana [2:39] and Part 2 – Sasha DiGiulian heads to Cuba to sample sweet limestone.
- That Route: Whistler 500 [3:09] – A simple vid of a gorgeous 5.12b roof crack.
- The North Face: Common Ground [6:01] – Big wall first ascents in… wait for it… Siberia.
- Stuart Range – The Enchanting Triple [13:54] – A climbing adventure in Washington’s Stuart Range.
Interviews and Profiles
- Historical Badass: Mountain Renaissance Man Chuck Kroger by The Adventure Journal
- The Life of Rob Pizem: Full-Time Job, Family, and First Ascents at Climbing
- INTERVIEW: Mark Katz on Director’s Cut at UK Climbing