This Week in Climbing #34 (September 18, 2016)
Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Roger Schaeli repeats Eiger North Face La vida es silbar at Planet Mountain
- Second Ascent of Historic Dùn Briste Sea Stack by Iain Miller at UK Climbing
- The Holy Grail – New 8c at Llanddulas Cave by Chris Doyle at UK Climbing
- Tips For Safer, Better and Warmer Ice Climbing This Winter at Gripped
- Gym to Crag Handbook: 36 Tips from the Pros at Climbing
- Tips from the Pros: For Beginners at Crux Crush
- A Better EDK? at Rock & Ice
Other Climbing Articles
- Climbing Grades Are Stupid–So Why Do We Obsess Over Them? at Adventure Journal
- Accept and Adapt: Women in Climbing at Climbing
- Ol’ Blue: Fear and Growing on the Road at Climbing
- Grasping at Draws: Rock of Love (and Abasement) at Climbing
- Diversity in Climbing: A Difficult Conversation at Climbing
Destinations, Routes, etc.
- The Empyrean Granite of Bohuslän at Vertical Life
- Action Directe, Wolfgang Güllich’s 25-year-old Frankenjura masterpiece at Planet Mountain
Good New Climbing Videos
- Project: Bootcamp [2:19] – Three female Black Diamond athletes head to bootcamp to train and climb harder.
- REEL ROCK 11 OFFICIAL TRAILER [1:45] – It’s here!
- Mar Alvarez Kif kif Demain SUBTITULOS [6:35] – Great footage of beautiful, hard sport climbing in Spain.
- Bakers Dozen 35 – Tom Oh [5:03] – Tom O’Halloran becomes the first Australian to climb 35/9a/5.14d.
- Reader’s Questions: Alex Honnold’s Weirdest Q&A | Climbing Daily Ep.776 [4:26] – Some out-of-the-box interview questions with Alex Honnold.
- The Unknown – Dave MacLeod [4:37] – Scottish hardman Dave MacLeod reflects and climbs a new 5.13d.
- Angie Payne Two In A Day [4:56] – Angie Payne sends two hard boulder problems.
- Dani Arnold – speed records on Via Carlesso and Via Cassin [2:22] – A short video with some amazing footage of Dani Arnold free soloing classic routes in the Alps.
- EL CAPITAN – Episode 4 [7:36] – A beautifully shot film of Ethan Pringle doing his thing in Yosemite and elsewhere.
- Tangra Towers: In the Spirit of Cory Hall [15:27] – Two climbers head to Pakistan to attempt a new route in memory of their fallen comrade.
Interviews and Profiles
- New Challenges Welcomed: Interview with Angie Payne at Crux Crush
- What’s In Your Pack: Peter Croft on Gear and Alpine Efficiency at Moja Gear
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Book Review: Brendan Leonard’s Sixty Meters to Anywhere at Moja Gear
- Review: Arc’teryx Acrux SL Approach Shoe at The Alpine Start