Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy!
- South Africa
- Recall Notice: Western Cape Rock Book at Climb ZA
- Goldrake, 9a+ (5.15a), by Ghisolfi at UK Climbing (See also Planet Mountain.)
- New Dolomites mixed climb in Val Lasties by Aaron Moroder and Alex Walpoth at Planet Mountain
- First ley, 9a+ (5.15a), by Mateusz Haladaj at UK Climbing
- Tips for Women on AAI Courses at The American Alpine Institute Blog
- Remember When You Were That Stoked? at Splitter Choss
- Setting and Revising the Record in Climbing at Evening Sends
- How to Stay Safe When Lightning Strikes While Climbing at Moja Gear
- Strength Training to Improve Your Climbing: Lifts I Love (4) – Medicine Ball Leg Lifts by Allie Rainey
- Cancer Survivors Reclaim Their Lives Through Rock Climbing at Climbing
- Aim High, Fail Often at DPM
- Lessons from Dating in the Climbing World at Crux Crush
- Climbing Techniques: How to Flag at Climbing
- Suspension Training for Rock Climbing at Climbing
- How to Climb Out of Your Comfort Zone at Climbing
- 6 Climbing Photos—Philippines Trad, El Cap Free, Utah Bouldering, and More at Climbing
Destinations, Routes, etc.
- Chasing the Ephemeral: A Zion Ice Climbing Photo Essay at Climbing
- 10 Reasons to Check Out Pennsylvania Bouldering at Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- James Pearson’s Le Bronx [12:16] – A very entertaining attempt by James Pearson to climb a French 5.14c.
- aerial & interview – Devin Fin – Jupiter crack 5.11 – FA Steve Hong – Indian Creek, UT [2:56] – Neat aerial footage of an Indian Creek classic interspersed with an interview.
- Ash Head [10:40] – The rediscovery of a beautiful gritstone crag.
- Now That’s What I Call a First Ascent – EP4 – Century Crack 5.14b Pete Whittaker & Tom Randall [9:14] – A look back at Utah’s crazy offwidth roof crack Century Crack (5.14b).
- Chris Schulte: Indian Creek and an Expanding Sport [5:58] – A look at the present and future of Indian Creek.
- Mayan Smith-Gobat climbing Riders on the Storm – Episode 1| Chile | adidas Outdoor [2:00] – The hard-climbing New Zealand native heads to Patagonia.
- Cerberus [4:00] – Ascent of a sketchy 5.12+ route at New Hampshire’s Cathedral Ledge.
- Prinzip Hoffnung – Barbara Zangerl [5:48] – Barbara Zangerl climbs the crazy hard and plumb vertical trad route Prinzip Hoffnung in Austria.
- Chris Sharma “Futuristic Old School” [4:24] – Chris Sharma works another crazy hard and beautiful route in Spain.
- Now That’s What I Call a First Ascent – EP6 – Rhapsody, E11, Dave MacLeod [10:54] – Dave MacLeod’s epic classic revisited.
Interviews and Profiles
- A Dirtbagging Summer in Yosemite Valley — A Photo Story at Moja Gear
- Girl Crush of the Month: Margo Hayes at Crux Crush
- Interview: Cory Richards and Adrian Ballinger on Everest Without Supplemental Oxygen at Climbing
- Jim Curran: Tribute to a Renaissance Man of Climbing at UK Climbing
- A Basecamp Podcast Conversation with Tommy Caldwell at Gripped
- Paul Pritchard summits ‘his’ Totem Pole in Tasmania at Planet Mountain
- Cedar Wright Captures the Lighter Side of Defying Death [3:12] – A video interview.
- Conquering Ghost Ice – Ice Climbing Champion Sarah Hueniken [6:24] – A video profile of ice climber Sarah Hueniken.