Last Updated on: 26th September 2016, 08:06 am
Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Julia Bobak of B.C. Sends Her First 5.13c by Gripped
- Third Ascent of House-Anderson for Hawthorn and Livingstone at UK Climbing (See also Planet Mountain.)
- Joe Skopec Sends All Bolted Routes Along Ontario’s Southern Escarpment at Gripped
- Nordwestwand, first free ascent up Wetterstein’s Schwarze Wand at Planet Mountain
- Magic Fox, new rock climb up Torre dei Sabbioni in the Dolomites at Planet Mountain
- Cima Grande di Lavaredo Spanish Route, second free ascent by Jacek Matuszek e Łukasz Dudek at Planet Mountain
- Chris Sharma opens Alasha, 9? DWS on Mallorca at UK Climbing
- Jordan Buys repeats Hasty Sin Oot Ert Hoonds? E9 6c at UK Climbing
- Eyes Wide Shut E9 6c/7a: Dovedale First Ascent by Joe Heeley at UK Climbing
- Climbing In College Part 2: Making the Most of Weekend-Warrioring at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- A Girl’s Guide to Climbing: 6 Tips From Steph Davis at Climbing
- Permadraw Strength Testing: The Results at UK Climbing
- Learn This: Efficient Hauling at Climbing
- Building Your Van: Tips From A Girl in the Process at Crux Crush
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Belay by Blake Herrington
Other Climbing Articles
Good New Climbing Videos
- Zombie Roof 12d / 13a ( Squamish, Smoke Bluffs) [2:32] – Nic Vissers climbs a classic trad testpiece in Squamish.
- Tis is Africa [36:53] – A long film about bouldering in Rocklands, South Africa.
- Adam Ondra: incredible moves in possible 9c? [1:11] – Adam Ondra climbs what could be the world’s first 5.15d.
- The First All-Woman Ascent of El Capitan, An Excerpt from 1973 [3:02] – Excerpts from interviewas with the first all-woman team to climb El Cap.
- Molly Mitchell- Empowered [4:54] – Molly Mitchell climbs hard new trad routes in the desert.
- Jonathan Siegrist – Spirit of the West 5.14a – Squamish [4:59] – Pro climber Jonathan Siegrist climbs a beautiful 5.14 in Squamish.
- FrictionLabs Pro Daniel Woods swoopin up The Great War For Civilisation, V13. [1:00] – Daniel Woods climbs a reachy V13 in Colorado.
- Alex Johnson | Exploring Thailand [11:28] – A look at traveling and climbing in Thailand.
- Louis Parkinson’s Quest For New Moroccan Lines , Part 1 | Atlas 101 [5:54] – Tons of bouldering first ascents in the stunning Atlas Mountains of Morocco.
- Matt Fultz – Defined by Passion [3:23] – Pro climber Matt Fultz talks about what it takes to be a pro and heads to Ibex in Utah’s West Desert to go bouldering.
- Backwoods Bouldering Southwest Montana [0:36] – An action-packed trailer of amazing bouldering in Montana.
- Black Diamond released three videos of three of its female athletes going through its “Bootcamp” training program: Colette McInerney [2:42], Daila Ojeda [2:58], and Babsi Zangerl [3:48]
Interviews and Profiles
- Climber Spotlight: Obe Carrion on Bouldering in the 90s, Being Pro, Coaching Ashima at Moja Gear
- Remembering Kim Schmitz at Climbing
- Markus Pucher, Cerro Pollone alone and in winter in Patagonia at Planet Mountain
- Golden Eggs: How Some Women are Funding the Climbing Lifestyle at Climbing
- Olympic Climbing Survey: 15 Pro Climbers Weigh in at Climbing
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Trango Vergo Review at Splitter Choss
- Gear You Ought to Know: A Review of DMM’s Revolver Carabiner at Moja Gear