This Week in Climbing #58 (March 26, 2017)
Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- South Africa
- Chris Cosser sends Godzilla (32/8b) at Climb ZA
- Patagonia: Paolo Marazzi & Luca Schiera climb new route up Cerro Mariposa at Planet Mountain
- Climber Dies in Fall From El Cap’s East Ledges at Rock and Ice
- Taylor McNeill Repeats Webb’s Engine Bloc (V14), Makes V14 First Ascent at Rock and Ice
- Hansjörg Auer, Matthias Auer traverse Ötztal Alps Kaunergrat in winter at Planet Mountain
- Mélissa Le Nevé becomes first woman to boulder 8B+ at Fontainebleau at Planet Mountain
- Tre Cime di Lavaredo winter enchainment by Simon Gietl and Michi Wohlleben at Planet Mountain
- Via MammaSandra, new rock climb in Val Zemola, Dolomites at Planet Mountain
- Angelika Rainer powers through French Connection in the Dolomites at Planet Mountain
- Two new sport climbing crags in Sardinia at Planet Mountain
- La rambla, 9a+, 4th go by Stefano Ghisolfi at UK Climbing (See also Planet Mountain.)
- Lithium First Ascent (8b+) by Dave MacLeod
- Climber Confessional: A Learning Experience in How Not to Use a GriGri at Moja Gear
- Transitioning from Bouldering to Sport Climbing: 5.9 to 5.14 at Training for Climbing
- Ask the Master: Building Anchors with Passive Pro at Rock and Ice
- Training – DIY Training Tools at The Alpine Start
Other Climbing Articles
- (Trying to) Dress Like a Non-Dirtbag at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Should You Be Allowed to Practice Lead Falls in the Gym? at Rock and Ice
- No Ropes, Add Sauna: The Latest Trend In Climbing Gyms at GearJunkie
Destinations, Routes, and Trip Reports
- Stats: The Climbers that Have Sent Southern Smoke (5.14c) at Climbing
- Arisaig Cave topo by Dave MacLeod
- Spring Break by Rob Pizem
Good New Climbing Videos
- Ganesha (8c, 7 pitches) – Rope Solo First Ascent by Fabian Buhl [3:22] – Watch this rope solo first ascent of Ganesh (5.14c).
- AK Bouldering 2015-2016 Part 5: Hatcher Pass Super Bowl [5:27] – New problems at a new area at Hatcher Pass, Alaska.
- CCC presents – Big Rock [3:54] – This film highlights the climbing at Big Rock, South Carolina and goes over how the Carolina Climbers Coalition helped open it to climbing.
- Journey into the development and ascent of Planet Garbage 5.14d/9a with FrictionLabs Pro Joe Kinder [5:25] – Joe Kinder talks about what it takes to develop and work a 5.14d sport route.
- El Niño – Free climbing El Cap with Jacob Cook and Robbie Phillips by Jacob Cook [9:43] – Jacob Cook and Robbie Phillips free the route El Niño (5.13c) on El Capitan.
- This is Why – Mina Leslie-Wujastyk [7:46] – Top British climber Mina Leslie-Wujastyk talks about setting her sights on one of the hardest routes in the UK.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- Margo Hayes – La Rambla (5.15a) Interview at Rock and Ice
- Royal Robbins: The Kingpin of Yosemite’s Golden Age by Chris Van Leuven
- Royal Robbins: A Timeline and a Bibliography at Climbing
- Climber Spotlight: An Interview with Free Soloist, Matt Bush at Moja Gear
- Interview – Kim Ladiges & Cerro Torre at Vertical Life
- Jacopo Larcher climbs La Rambla at Siurana / Interview at Planet Mountain
- The Legend Of The Woody: Todd Skinner’s Climbing Wall at GearJunkie
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- DMM Vault Review at Climbing Gear Reviews
- Top 7 Best Recovery Tools for Rock Climbers at Moja Gear
Comments are closed.