Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Gabriele Moroni ambles up Ambrosia highball at Buttermilks, Bishop at Planet Mountain
- Nicholas Milburn Sends Paint it Black V15 in Colorado at Gripped
- President Obama Protects Utah Climbing Areas at Gripped
- Felbertal, another big new icefall up Hochbirghöhe in the High Tauern at Planet Mountain
- Two Monster New Ice/Mixed Routes in Austria at Gripped
- Patxi Usobiaga Onsights Fish Eye 5.14b in Spain at Gripped
- Joe mama, 9a+, by Jakob Schubert at UK Climbing
- Martin Stráník Sends Catalán Witness the Fitness V15 at Gripped
- Dirtbag Tricks: Camping for (Almost) Free at Moja Gear
- How to Warm Up for Rock Climbing: 4 Must-Do Exercises Before Pulling Hard at Moja Gear
- Should I Worry About Spinning Bolt Hangers? at Rock and Ice
- Should I Buy Omega Pacific Link Cams? by Steph Davis
- Ask the Master: The Pros and Cons of Simul-Rappelling at Rock and Ice
- Truck Life: My Setup and What You Should Know Before You Give It a Try at Moja Gear
- Pare It Down at Climb Strong
- Podcast #8: Winter Gym Training Tips (to get Stronger!) at Training for Climbing
Other Climbing Articles
- New Year’s Resolutions That Have Nothing To Do With Climbing Performance or Strict Training Plans (And Why They’re Important) at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- 10 Rad #GrippedMagazine Photos this Week at Gripped
- 12 Canadian Ice Climbing Photos from December at Gripped
- Sprinter Van 144 vs 170 Length by Steph Davis
- Top International Big Wall Climbs of 2016 at Gripped
Destinations and Routes
- Malga Spora: another Brenta Dolomites climbing gem at Planet Mountain
- The Real Big Drip is a Rockies Mixed Classic at Gripped
Good New Climbing Videos
- Ice Anchors [6:14] – How to make an anchor when ice climbing.
- Magnus Midtbo And Alex Honnold: Norway Big Walls And Thor’s Hammer [7:33] – Alex Honnold goes to Norway, and Magnus Midtbo shows him around a bit before heading to Flatanger. A really beautiful video.
- Joe’s Valley ~Fall 2016~ [12:35] – If you just want to see raw bouldering footage, this is the video for you.
- Chee Dale Esoterica [9:00] – A couple of climbers rediscover an overlooked classic in the Peak District and unearth a virgin line while there.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- Jacopo Larcher: interview after climbing Free Zodiac up El Capitan, Yosemite at Planet Mountain
- 360 Degrees of Rad: A Personal Tribute to Kyle Dempster at Moja Gear
- Alex Honnold interview after Dan Osman speed solo tribute on Bear’s Reach at Planet Mountain