Last Updated on: 28th February 2016, 08:58 pm
Here’s all of the best and interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy!
- Big Sends, More Bears, a Bad Fall and Avalanches in the Rockies at Gripped
- RIP: Steve Edwards at DPM (See also DPM.)
- New Ontario Select Rock Climbing Guidebook and App are Cutting Edge at Gripped
- Remembering a Legend: Scott Cosgrove at Climbing (See also Alpinist.)
- Marc-Andre Leclerc Solos Three Routes on Stanley Headwall in a Day at Gripped
- Some Squamish Crags Closed Due to Logging at Gripped
- Nanga Parbat: summit and first winter ascent by Simone Moro, Ali Sadpara and Alex Txikon at Planet Mountain (See also The Suburban Mountaineer.)
- Alban Levier reopens Satan i helvete, ~8C at UK Climbing
- Adam Ondra, Alex Puccio, Gabriele Moroni, James Webb, Daniel Jung, Jakob Schubert… climbing above and beyond the limits at Planet Mountain
- Week of Big Sends in Europe and U.S. with 5.15b and V15 Repeats at Gripped
- Piolets d’Or 2016: Wojciech Kurtyka to receive Piolet d’Or Carrière and the ‘big list’ of elite alpinism at Planet Mountain
- Wojciech “Voytek” Kurtyka to Receive 2016 Piolet d’Or Lifetime Achievement Award at Gripped
- The Value of Non-Climbing Training at Crux Crush
- Climbing Past War by Stacy Bare at The Climbing Zine
- Flash: 7 Inspiring Climbing Photos at Climbing
- Unbelayvable: Extreme Toprope Whippers at Climbing
- 3 Phases of an Effective Climbing Warm Up at Moja Gear
- Skill Acquisition and Technique at Training Beta
- The Long & The Short Of It: How Little Time You Really Need To Make Improved Fitness Your Reality by Alli Rainey
- Feature: Climbing Torres del Paine’s Secret Moderates at Climbing
- Ouray Ice Festival: Thoughts from an Inspired Newb at Crux Crush
- Why It Sucks to be a Route Climber by Tom Randall
- How Jonathan Siegrist Climbed His First 5.15 at Climbing
- What I Learned at the Women’s Climbing Festival at Climbing
- Pico Pirineos in Mexico, new rock climb at Monterrey by Giupponi, Oviglia and Larcher at Planet Mountain
- FATIGUE. GOALS. TRAINING. by Tealasaurus
- A Primer On Losing Weight (Part 2) at Climbing Nutrition
- Campus Training 201 by Will Anglin
- Canadian Rockies Lessons – From Novice to Intermediate at Gripped
- Brotherly Love at Vertical Life
- Vodka & Lemming on the Rocks: a Siberian Climbing Adventure at Vertical Life
Good New Climbing Videos
- 5 Pillars – Tasmania with Katha Saurwein and Jorg Verhoeven [3:22] – Climbing amazing formations on the Tasmanian coast. Really great footage.
- This Is Not Happening! | John Long – “Stormy Exit” | adidas Outdoor [13:12] – Climbing legend John Long recounts a close call he had in South America.
- Alcañiz Road Trip [6:37] – Chris Sharma and Paul Robinson explore new bouldering potential in Alcañiz, Spain.
- The North Face – Link Sar [4:17] – Andy Houseman and Jon Griffith head to Pakistan to make the first ascent of Link Sar.
- That Route: Crime of the Century [3:46] – A classic Squamish climb.
- Backwoods Bouldering [2:13] – Beautiful bouldering in Southwest Montana.
- 23rd Hueco Rock Rodeo – 2016 [13:48] – A roundup of great Hueco Rock Rodeo footage.
- BIG 4 – Wheel of Life (V15) – Grampians, Australia [3:26] – Jorg Verhoeven climbs the epic boulder problem Wheel of Life (V15). A really well shot little video.
- AUROCO Full Company Video English Subtitles [3:37] – A commercial for a German device that could be used for solo lead climbing. I don’t know if we’ll see this in rock climbing anytime soon, but I look forward to it sometime in the future.
- Hazel Findlay Does Australia [4:10] – Bold climber Hazel Findlay heads to Arapiles to try the local testpieces.
- BIG 4 – Groove Train (33/5.14b) – Grampians, Australia [3:32] – More sweet Australian rock.
Interviews and Profiles
- Charles Albert bouldering barefoot in Fontainebleau at Planet Mountain
- Climber Spotlight: Manny Quintana at Moja Gear
- INTERVIEW: Sonnie Trotter on the Totem Pole at UK Climbing