This Week in Climbing #31 (June 26, 2016)
Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Stu Smith Sends New Squamish 5.13+ at Smoke Bluffs at Gripped
- BC Parks to Enforce Strict Parking Rules in Squamish at Gripped
- The Story of Saving Ontario’s Cape Croker for Climbers at Gripped
- New Routes on Baffin Island by Strong Team at Gripped
- New Yamnuska Guidebook by Andy Genereux Bigger and Brighter at Gripped
- Bouldering Access Restored at Maryland’s Catoctin Mountain Park at Climbing
- Mount Whitney Gets New Big 5.11 Called Inyo Face at Gripped
- Rustam Gelmanov Sends Colorado V16 at Gripped
- Four New Lines and a Pack Raft Adventure in Alaska’s Neacola Mountains at Alpinist
- Delirium, ~8C (V15), by Dave Graham at UK Climbing
- British First Ascent of Gangstang NW Ridge, India at UK Climbing
- Kishtwar Shivling East Pillar first climbed by Italian team at Planet Mountain
- New rock climb up Coste dell’Anglone in Valle del Sarca, Italy at Planet Mountain
- 120 degrees, another 9a+ first ascent by Adam Ondra at UK Climbing
- Progress 8c+ for Jon Freeman at UK Climbing
- INTERVIEW: Pete Bridgwood Solos 600 Routes in a Day at UK Climbing
- Unbelayvable: The Entire-Rope Anchor at Climbing
- 8 Ways to Train Outdoors for Climbing at Climbing
- Climbing Nutrition: The Sports Nutrition Pyramid at Climbing
Other Climbing Articles
- The Wright Stuff: An Ode to the Dark Horse at Climbing
- Semi-Rad: The Point of the Whole Thing at Climbing
- The Climbing Fall that Almost Took My Leg at Crux Crush
- I am not a big wall climber at For the Love of Climbing
- The Climbing Life and Learning from 1975 at Gripped
- Unsent: 10 New Slang Terms for Climbing Gear at Climbing
- Gallery: Sharma in Iceland, Mason Earle in Malta, Mayan Smith-Gobat in Patagonia, and More at Climbing
- Adventures With Two Tent Timmy at The Climbing Zine
- Coming Back by Will Anglin
Destinations, Routes, etc.
- Flash: A Climber’s Guide to Middle America at Climbing
- Open Roads: 9 High-Elevation Alpine Crags at Climbing
- Dirt Bag Guide: Skaha at The Alpine Start
- Hand in the Honey Jar is 11-Pitch 5.11 on EEOR in Rockies at Gripped
- Rock Climbing in Rio, Brazil at Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- The Waterfall – A Progression – Part Three [4:14] – Beautiful climbing in Arizona’s Oak Creek Canyon.
- Adam Ondra: Progression [2:10] – Adam Ondra climbs a new 5.15b/9b in France.
- Tidal Reach – Bouldering St Bees [6:46] – Beautiful seaside bouldering in England’s Lake District.
- A Song for Tomorrow – Climbing in Qingfeng Valley (CHN) [3:00] – Awesome footage of new climbs in China
Interviews and Profiles
- Women on Lead: Interview with Hilary Harris, Founder of Evo Rock + Fitness at Crux Crush
- At the Intersection of Lifting, Climbing, and Injury Prevention — Dr. Natasha Barnes at Friction Labs
- China Doll (5.14a R trad): Heather Weidner Interview at Alpinist
- INTERVIEW: Alex Megos in the UK at UK Climbing
- Escalando Fronteras: combating gangs & drugs with climbing at Vertical Life
- Historical Badass: Galen Rowell at Adventure Journal
- Blood Ties at Vertical Life
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Gear Review: Metolius Rock Rings for Portable Training at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Evolv Shaman Climbing Shoe Review at Training Beta
- Grivel Twin Gate carabiner wins Compasso d’Oro – ADI at Planet Mountain