This Week in Climbing #31 (July 3, 2016)
Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- Bolivia: Italians climb new route up Rumi Mallku at Planet Mountain
- Dave Graham Sends Colorado V15 Delirium at Gripped
- Oscar Winner and Joker Jared Leto Climbs with Top Climbers at Gripped
- Gobright and Bennett Blaze up Three El Cap Routes in a Day at Alpinist
- Liberty Crack – First/Third Free Ascent 1,200′ 5.13b by Blake Herrington
- Gangstang NW Ridge first ascent by Malcolm Bass and Guy Buckingham at Planet Mountain
- Big Stefan Glowacz Verdon Route Repeated at Gripped
- Torre del Formenton, new rock climb at Passo di San Pellegrino, Dolomites at Planet Mountain
- #Norwegianstyle, new trad climb on Norway’s Preikestolen at Planet Mountain
- Longhope Route E7 for Tom Livingstone and Tony Stone at UK Climbing
- Return of the King by Dave MacLeod (See also UK Climbing.)
- Choosing the Right Big Wall Strategy at Climbing
- 5 Things You Should Know About Climbing with a Lightweight at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- Prevent Shoulder Injuries: Effective Rotator Cuff Exercises at Conquer the Crux
- 6 Ways to Make Any Exercise More Climbing Specific at Climbing
- Stay Cool for Summer Performance at Climbing Nutrition
Other Climbing Articles
- How to Convert a Cargo Van into the Ultimate Climber’s Camper at Moja Gear
- I am not a big wall climber (part two) at For the Love of Climbing
- The Noob Chronicles: On Failure at Climbing
Destinations, Routes, etc.
- The Canine Climbs Dorion Tower, a One-of-a-Kind Ontario Pinnacle at Gripped
- Chattanooga: America’s New Climbing Capitol at Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
- Iceland [6:02] – A video of bouldering in Iceland
- GoPro x Unstoppable: Climbing Towers [5:35] – Sasha DiGiulian and Kate Rutherford head to Moab to climb some towers.
- Chris Sharma, Klemen Becan, Mont-Rebei Episode II [7:45] – A continuation of Chris Sharma’s mega-proj.
- Skeleton Ridge – The Needles, Isle of Wight [10:21] – Great footage of a crazy-looking route!
- Papichulo 9a+ – Piotrek Schab (subs) [4:20] – A young climber gets after Sharma’s classic testpiece. Beautiful footage.
Interviews and Profiles
- Stefano Ghisolfi, a year after climbing Biographie at Planet Mountain
- Bug Wall: Climbing El Cap on a Bug Diet at Climbing
- Brette Harrington’s Solo Soul Serenity at Evening Sends
- Words with Becca Frangos on Sending Endless Summer 5.13d at Gripped
- Isaac Caldiero—From Climber to Ninja Warrior at Climbing
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Film Review: North Face at The American Alpine Institute Blog
- Review: Mammut Whymper Jacket at The Climbing Zine
- Scarpa Vapor Review at Splitter Choss
- Review: Five Ten Quantum Rock Shoes at The Alpine Start