Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- NEWS – Six killed in Alps Icefall Collapses at UK Climbing
- Walter Bonatti archive acquired by Turin Mountain Museum at Planet Mountain
- Are Cam Placements Compromised in Wet Rock? at Rock and Ice
- A Year of Hangboard Training at Climb Strong
- Learn to Train: Improve Your Climbing Technique at Climbing
- Scrambling self belay by Andy Kirkpatrick
Other Climbing Articles
- Valentine’s Day Special: 10 Reasons to Date Another Climber at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- What’s in a Grade? — How to Approach Climbing Difficulty at Moja Gear
- Adventure Lust Leads to Beta Bust: A Story of Risk and Reward at Moja Gear
- Aging Is (Mostly) A State of Body at Training for Climbing
- The Wright Stuff: Finding the Value of Climbing in the Olympics at Climbing
Destinations, Areas, and Routes
- Lessons I learned in the dirty south at For the Love of Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
(***** = The best video of the week. If you watch just one video, watch this one.)
- Revelation – The First 8c in Arabia [3:09] – Climber Read Macadam on the first ascent of the first 8c (5.14b) in Arabia.
- Bullet The Blue Sky | Ben Wilbur [3:42] – Ben Wilbur climbs Bullet the Blue Sky (5.12c/d) in Colorado’s Penitente Canyon.
- Five Ten Tour of Japan with Carlo Traversi and Sasha DiGiulian – Part 2 – ENA [9:45] – Five Ten sponsored climbers Carlo Traversi and Sasha DiGiulian head to Japan for some awesome bouldering.
- REI Presents: Brothers of Climbing [7:17] – Answering the question, “Do black people climb?”
- ***** Jason Kehl In Hueco Land! (Full Length) [11:05] – A beautiful short film about establishing new problems at Hueco Tanks.
- GANESHA ROUTE 8B+ (5.14A) BY ABHISHEK MEHTA | HD MOVIE [9:24] – An ascent of India’s hardest route. A great vid.
- AK Bouldering 2015-2016 Part 1: Seward Highway [7:16] – This video gives you a glimpse of some of incredible-looking Alaskan coastal bouldering.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- It Takes Two to Train: Shauna and Leah’s Secrets for Getting Strong at Evening Sends
- Interview with Tosh Sherkat on Competing and More at Gripped
- Miranda Oakley: A League of Her Own at Climbing
- Laura Rogora / Climbing into the future at Planet Mountain
- 2016 Golden Pitons: Vision Award at Climbing
- Snapshot: Michaela Kiersch – The Chicago Hustle at Rock and Ice
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Boulder Scotland new edition in the shop by Dave MacLeod