This Week in Climbing #55 (February 19, 2017)
Here’s all of the best and most interesting rock climbing stuff that happened over the last week. Enjoy, and happy climbing!
- NEWS – Six killed in Alps Icefall Collapses at UK Climbing
- Walter Bonatti archive acquired by Turin Mountain Museum at Planet Mountain
- Are Cam Placements Compromised in Wet Rock? at Rock and Ice
- A Year of Hangboard Training at Climb Strong
- Learn to Train: Improve Your Climbing Technique at Climbing
- Scrambling self belay by Andy Kirkpatrick
Other Climbing Articles
- Valentine’s Day Special: 10 Reasons to Date Another Climber at Coffee. Tape. Climb.
- What’s in a Grade? — How to Approach Climbing Difficulty at Moja Gear
- Adventure Lust Leads to Beta Bust: A Story of Risk and Reward at Moja Gear
- Aging Is (Mostly) A State of Body at Training for Climbing
- The Wright Stuff: Finding the Value of Climbing in the Olympics at Climbing
Destinations, Areas, and Routes
- Lessons I learned in the dirty south at For the Love of Climbing
Good New Climbing Videos
(***** = The best video of the week. If you watch just one video, watch this one.)
- Revelation – The First 8c in Arabia [3:09] – Climber Read Macadam on the first ascent of the first 8c (5.14b) in Arabia.
- Bullet The Blue Sky | Ben Wilbur [3:42] – Ben Wilbur climbs Bullet the Blue Sky (5.12c/d) in Colorado’s Penitente Canyon.
- Five Ten Tour of Japan with Carlo Traversi and Sasha DiGiulian – Part 2 – ENA [9:45] – Five Ten sponsored climbers Carlo Traversi and Sasha DiGiulian head to Japan for some awesome bouldering.
- REI Presents: Brothers of Climbing [7:17] – Answering the question, “Do black people climb?”
- ***** Jason Kehl In Hueco Land! (Full Length) [11:05] – A beautiful short film about establishing new problems at Hueco Tanks.
- GANESHA ROUTE 8B+ (5.14A) BY ABHISHEK MEHTA | HD MOVIE [9:24] – An ascent of India’s hardest route. A great vid.
- AK Bouldering 2015-2016 Part 1: Seward Highway [7:16] – This video gives you a glimpse of some of incredible-looking Alaskan coastal bouldering.
People, Interviews, and Profiles
- It Takes Two to Train: Shauna and Leah’s Secrets for Getting Strong at Evening Sends
- Interview with Tosh Sherkat on Competing and More at Gripped
- Miranda Oakley: A League of Her Own at Climbing
- Laura Rogora / Climbing into the future at Planet Mountain
- 2016 Golden Pitons: Vision Award at Climbing
- Snapshot: Michaela Kiersch – The Chicago Hustle at Rock and Ice
Gear, Reviews, etc.
- Boulder Scotland new edition in the shop by Dave MacLeod
Thanks for sharing, love reading your posts. My preferred climbing destination is Melbourne Australia, not found anywhere better.
Comments are closed.